G-Shock G-7700-1ER Watch Review Summary
My rating: 8.5/10. Great watch. Value for money, tough, durable watch.
Hello, today I’m doing a G-Shock G-7700-1ER review. This is another very affordable watch from Casio’s G-Shock range. The watch is full of useful features and has a 200m water resistance rating.
I hope you enjoy this AWG-M100SB-2AER review below.
You may also like my: Best Affordable G-Shock Watches.
Latest reviews, ratings and prices: G-Shock G-7700-1ER watch
At the bottom of this article, you can find a list of my recommended retailers to purchase this watch from
The watch has a very easy to read digital display. The manage to make good use of the space provided, I like the use of the digital sub-dial as well, something a little different to add into the mix. The casing is made of stainless steel and is protected by a thick durable resin that wraps around the watch.
Type Of Crystal
On the front of the watch we have a mineral crystal glass that protects the face of the watch. Mineral crystal is specially hardened to make it extra resistant to scratches and knocks. This is found in many G-Shock watches and is ideal for shock resistant timepieces due to its shatter resistance.
The watch runs with a Japanese quartz movement, these are often used for their reliability and accuracy. This timepiece has an approximate battery life of 5 years which is pretty impressive.
We have another more sensible sized G-Shock watch, this time round, it’s still considered a large timepiece, though. The casing diameter measures 46mm with a 15mm thickness. I’d say this is still a little chunky, but nothing like the other G-Shock watches you see around.
The strap is made of a soft and comfortable durable resin that fastens with a standard single tang buckle clasp. The strap itself is a standard men’s length and has a 20mm width that’s quite common for this type of larger watch.
G-Shock are known for their multifunction capabilities and this timepiece is no different. Extra functions of this watch include a world time display, world time display, automatic calendar, countdown timer, 5 alarms, super led light, stopwatch.
Water Resistance Rating
The water resistance level of this watch is 200m, this is what you find in many of the G-Shock watches and something I’m always impressed with. A rating of 200m / 20 Bar / 600ft makes this watch suitable for professional marine activity, serious surface water sports and skin diving.
- Band Resin strap, standard length, 20mm width, standard buckle style clasp.
- Case Stainless steel casing with resin surround, sizing diameter: 46mm and thickness: 15mm.
- Dial Digital display. The window lens is made of mineral glass, this is specially hardened to be resistant to scratches and knocks.
- Movement Accurate Japanese Quartz movement.
- Water Resistant A water resistance of up to 200m / 20 bar.
- G-Shock watches are known for the excellent durability & toughness
- Backlight feature for easier reading in dim lit conditions
- Multi-function watch with stopwatch, alarms, countdown timer, and world time display and more
- Mineral glass offers a good level of scratch & shatter resistance
- 200m water resistance rating
- It’s not quite as big as some of G-Shock’s other watches, but at 46mm it still might be a little too large for some people’s wrists.
My Final Thoughts On This G-Shock G-7700-1ER Review:
The G-Shock G-7700-1ER is another perfect example of the great value for money you get from the G-Shock range. The watches are well built, feature rich, and affordable. These are tough and durable timepieces that are ideal for people with active outdoor lifestyles who need a watch that can stand more than your average timepiece.
After looking into the watch design, quality, features, and pricing this watch received an 8.5/10 from us at The Watch Blog.
You may also like my 100 best watches under £1000
Where to buy the G-7700-1ER
I like to stick to listing retailers that I’ve actually had experience buying from in the past. Below I’ve listed some of the top places to buy this watch from, check all for the best price. Variations of this model include: G-7700-1ER
Buy now at Amazon
Buy at Watch Shop
Hope you enjoyed this G-Shock G-7700-1ER review. Find more watch reviews below.