Seiko SNAE56 Review Men’s Watch
My rating: 8.5/10. Great watch. Japanese Quartz Chronograph.
Today I’m doing a Seiko SNAE56 review. Seiko are one of the biggest watch manufacturers in the world. They’ve been creating stunning high quality watches for many years now so I felt like I’d feature another one of their more popular timepieces today. This is one of their more expensive watches but it’s still in high demand.
Let’s take a look at the Seiko SNAE56 in more detail below.
Latest reviews, ratings and prices: Seiko SNAE56 watch
At the bottom of the article, I’ll show you some of my recommended places to buy this watch from
The Seiko SNAE56 has that expensive look and feel to it. The two-tone design has been done pretty well here in my opinion and gives the watch that extra luxury style to it. This is a Japanese chronograph that has some useful features that we’ll look into below.
Personally, I’m not a fan of this dial set up, to me it feels a bit too busy. I’m aware some people prefer watches like this but I feel it’s worth pointing out as I know other people have issues with it like I do. There is lume features on the dial but it’s only located on the hands and at the 12, 3, 6, and 9 marks.
There are alarm and stop watch features on the watch, if you use these often you’ll soon learn how to quickly operate them with no problems at all. If you only use this occasionally I’d be prepared to have a little issue getting used to it myself.
Ignoring the busy dial design I actually really like the rest of the watch setup. The strap for instance, is one of my favourite styles with the double push button release system. I’ve added a picture of this just below for you.
When it comes to sizing the SNAE56 is a fairly standard men’s watch. The casing diameter is 42mm while the thickness is 10mm. While it’s effectively classed as a men’s large watch, this has become the new standard these days.
If you’re still not sure what to get your loved one, check out my best watches under 500 post.
- Band Stainless steel two tone strap, standard length, 20mm wide, fold over push button release style clasp.
- Case Stainless steel casing, sizing diameter: 42 mm and thickness: 10 mm.
- Dial Analogue display. The window lens is made of Hardlex crystal.
- Movement Accurate Japanese Quartz movement.
- Water Resistant A water-resistance of up to 100m / 10 bar.
- Highly accurate Japanese Quartz movement
- Lume features make this watch easier to read in dim lit conditions
- Hardlex glass gives the watch a good level of protection from scratches and knocks
- Chronograph timekeeping functions
- Features an alarm function
- 100m water resistance, suitable for recreational surfing, swimming, snorkeling, sailing and water sports.
- The watch has a fairly busy dial design that some people may not be a fan of
- If you don’t use the alarm function often, then you may find it a little tricky to operate
My Final Thoughts On This Seiko SNAE56 Review:
The Seiko SNAE56 is a fairly expensive watch, and that’s something we don’t feature all to often here. However as it was so popular I wanted to give it a go and look into this watch. Overall I can see the appeal, but it’s not something I would personally go for. That’s more on the grounds of personal taste than anything else, I’m just not a fan of the dial design. That being said, it is a very well built watch from Seiko as you’d expect.
After taking everything into account, such as design, build quality and price, this watch received a well deserved 8.5/10 from The Watch Blog.
If you’re interested in reading more about this watch you can find it here Seiko SNAE56
I hope you enjoyed this Seiko SNAE56 review. Let me know what you thought in the comments section below.