Invicta 9937 Review Men’s Watch 9937OB
My rating: 9/10. Excellent watch. Diver’s Style timepiece.
Today I’m doing a Invicta 9937 review. After featuring that previous Invicta yesterday I kind of caught the bug and wanted to showcase another one of their great watches. This watch is part of their Pro Diver series and is more of a standard size with a Swiss automatic movement and a 200m water resistance.
Let’s take a look at the Invicta 9937 in more detail below.
Latest reviews, ratings and prices: Invicta 9937 watch
At the bottom of the article, I’ll show you some of my recommended places to buy this watch from
The Invicta 9937 also known as the 9937OB is what you would class as a Rolex Submariner Homage. If you haven’t got the budget for a Rolex then this may well be worth looking into. It’s a Diver’s style watch with a 200m water resistance rating and a Swiss automatic movement so it’s still a high quality watch.
I mentioned this model uses a Swiss movement, to be precise it’s the Sellita SW200. The are very similar to Swiss ETA movements and are known to be very reliable and accurate. So it’s good to see it included inside this watch. Automatic movements don’t require batteries as they power themselves via the movements of the wearer’s wrist.
Speaking of the movement, you’ll be able to take a sneak peek at it through the exhibition case back on the watch. You’ll see an example of this in an image I’ve included further down.
The dial has a very clean uncluttered style to it. There are some luminous markers at each of the hour points, and the hands are also luminous. This makes the watch very easy to read in dim lit conditions which is a great bonus. There is a magnifying bubble above the date display that makes this feature stand out as well.
The bezel surrounding the dial is uni-directional and has this lovely coin ridged detailing to it that I’m sure a lot of watch fans will appreciate.
I mentioned earlier on how this differs from some of Invicta’s traditional oversized watches. This model has a modest 40mm case diameter which a thickness of 12mm. This makes the watch a suitable size for most men.
When it comes to water resistance I’d say they’ve done a fairly good job with this timepiece. It has a 200m water resistant rating, that makes it suitable for professional marine activity, serious surface water sports and skin diving. It also comes with a screw down crown for added water security.
If you’re still not sure what to get your loved one, check out my best watches under 500 post.
- Band Stainless steel strap, standard length, 20mm wide, fold over style clasp.
- Case Stainless steel casing, sizing diameter: 40 mm and thickness: 12 mm.
- Dial Analogue display. The window lens is made of mineral crystal.
- Movement Swiss automatic movement.
- Water Resistant A water-resistance of up to 100m / 10 bar.
- Very clear display
- High quality lume makes the watch easy to read in dim lit conditions
- Mineral glass gives the watch a good level of protection from scratches and knocks
- Automatic Swiss movement, no batteries required, accurate and reliable
- Exhibition caseback allows you to see the inner workings of the watch
- Coin ridged bezel for extra detailing
- 200m water resistance, suitable for recreational surfing, swimming, snorkeling, sailing and water sports.
- When not worn for a while automatic watches will cease moving. This means when you next wear it you will have to set the time again. Some find this inconvenient but I’ve never had any issue with it, to be honest.
My Final Thoughts On This Invicta 9937 Review:
The Invicta 9937OB may be a slightly more expensive Invicta than we’re used to looking at but I’d say this is well worth looking into. When you consider what you’re getting for the money, I’d say that’s a pretty fair deal on this watch.
After taking everything into account, such as design, build quality and price, this watch received a well deserved 9/10 from The Watch Blog.
If you’re interested in reading more about this watch you can find it here Invicta 9937
I hope you enjoyed this Invicta 9937OB review. Let me know what you thought in the comments section below.