Seiko SNXS77K Watch Review Summary
My rating: 9/10. Excellent watch. Automatic movement.
Today I’m doing a Seiko SNXS77K review. The Seiko 5 series is a rather impressive selection of watches. This model, in particular, offers some very good value for money. It features a sapphire glass front that has a Mohs hardness rating of 9, making it extremely scratch resistant. It’s fairly rare to find sapphire glass on watches in this price range.
The watch has a simple style to it with its basic display, it does, however, feature luminous hands and hour markers to make it easier to read at night. It also included a day and date display which is a nice extra benefit.
One of my favourite features of this watch is its automatic movement and the recessed crown. The automatic movement saves you from ever having to change batteries as it powers itself via the movement of your wrist.
The watch has a more classic sizing with a diameter of 38mm, you’ll notice a lot of more modern watches are coming out with 42mm+ in sizes. For those who prefer smaller watches, this could be ideal.
Latest reviews, ratings and prices: Seiko SNXS77K watch
- Band Stainless steel, standard length, 19mm width, standard fold over clasp.
- Case Stainless casing with a thick resin cover, sizing diameter: 38 mm and thickness: 12 mm.
- Dial Analogue display. Sapphire glass offers exceptional protection from scratches.
- Movement Automatic movement.
- Water Resistant A water resistance of up to 30m / 3 bar.
- The use of an automatic movement saves you money as you never need to change batteries.
- Having sapphire glass is a real bonus as it’s some of the best protection from scratches you can get for a watch.
- The luminous hour indicators and hands make it very easy to read in dim lit conditions.
- 30m water resistance, suitable for everyday use. Splash/rain resistant. Not suitable for showering, bathing, swimming, snorkelling, water related work and fishing.
- Automatic watches aren’t as accurate as a traditional quartz movement.
- The recessed crown is smaller than your average, some people can find this a little tricky to operate.
My Final Thoughts On This Seiko SNXS77K Review:
The Seiko SNXS77K has a very classic design to it that I know a lot of people tend to admire. In my opinion, it would make a nice day to day watch, nothing too fancy though. The inclusion of a sapphire glass instead of say, a mineral glass, is great and goes to show you what good value for money this watch offers.
There were a couple of disadvantages I pointed out. It’s fairly well known that automatic watches aren’t as accurate as Quartz watches, this doesn’t put many people off buying them though as they’re still very popular. For me personally I’m quite happy to allow the accuracy to slide in favour of having an automatic movement.
Buy Now: Seiko SNXS77K watch
Hope you enjoyed this Seiko SNXS77K review. Find more watch reviews below.