Rotary GS02940/06 Watch Review Summary
My rating: 8.5/10. Great watch. Value for money skeletonised watch design.
Hello, today I’m doing a Rotary GS02940/06 review. I recently wrote an article on the 10 best Rotary Skeleton watches for men and promised I’d take a closer look at each one of the watches featured in that list. This model has a bit more of a classic finish, let’s take a closer look.
I hope you enjoy this Rotary GS02940/06 review below.
You may also like my: Best Rotary Watches.
Latest reviews, ratings and prices: Rotary GS02940/06 watch
At the bottom of this article, you can find a list of my recommended retailers to purchase this watch from
This is another popular Rotary watch with an open heart exposed skeleton dial design. This allows you to view the inner workings of the watch movement whilst it’s working. The dial features Roman numerals with a classic font as well as these dark blue hands with a matte finish.
Type Of Crystal
Protecting the dial is a mineral crystal style glass. This type of glass has been specially hardened to offer extra resistance to scratches and knocks. It is also known for being more shatter resistant than sapphire glass, so that can come in handy if you ever do drop your watch.
Powering the watch is an automatic mechanical movement. Automatic movements are great as they never require a battery due to the fact they are powered by the movement of the wearer’s wrist. As is standard with many automatic watches, if they’re left unworn for a while you will need to reset them, this is because they don’t have a long power reserve.
This watch is a little larger than some of the other Rotary watches I’ve featured recently. It has a 44mm casing diameter which gives it a slightly larger finish. The casing thickness measures 11.5mm which is still quite average to be honest.
The strap is made of a dark tan genuine leather that has a stitched finished. The strap is soft and comfortable and fastens with a standard buckle clasp that’s easy to operate.
Water Resistance Rating
Dolphin standard. Rotary watches marked ‘Dolphin Standard’ on the case back have been upgraded to offer this exclusive waterproof specification meaning that you and your watch can swim and dive all day. Dolphin Standard watches are suitable for: Swimming, shallow diving, yachting, all water sports (excluding scuba diving) and showering.
- Band Genuine leather strap, standard length, 22mm width, standard buckle style clasp.
- Case Stainless steel casing, sizing diameter: 44mm and thickness: 11.5mm.
- Dial Analogue display. The window lens is made of mineral glass, this is specially hardened to be resistant to scratches and knocks.
- Movement Accurate automatic movement.
- Water Resistant Rotary Dolphin Standard.
- Rotary are one of the best affordable watch brands
- Mineral glass offers a good level of scratch & shatter resistance
- Automatic movements means you no longer require batteries
- Exhibition caseback allows you to take a look at the movement
- Rotary Dolphin Standard water resistance
- If left unworn for more than a day or so the watch will need to be reset and the time adjusted before wearing again. This is a standard process for automatic watches.
My Final Thoughts On This Rotary GS02940/06 Review:
The Rotary GS02940/06 is a little more relaxed style wise than some of the previous Rotary watches we’ve featured. This is clearly preffered by a lot of people though as it’s still one of Rotary’s best selling skeleton watches.
After looking into the watch design, quality, features, and pricing this watch received an 8.5/10 from us at The Watch Blog.
You may also like my 100 best watches under £1000
Where to buy the Rotary GS02940/06
I like to stick to listing retailers that I’ve actually had experience buying from in the past. Below I’ve listed some of the top places to buy this watch from, check all for the best price. Variations of this model include: GS02940/06
Buy now at Amazon
Buy at Watch Shop
Hope you enjoyed this Rotary GS02940/06 review. Find more watch reviews below.