Citizen BY0100-51H Watch Review Summary
My rating: 8.5/10. Excellent watch. Atomic timekeeping with Eco-Drive tech.
Hello, today I’m doing a Citizen BY0100-51H review. This is one of Citizen’s more luxurious timepieces that uses their Eco-Drive tech and is radio controlled for atomic timekeeping. This does make it a little pricier, but it’s still well worth checking out.
I hope you enjoy this Citizen BY0100-51H review below.
You may also like my 100 best watches under £500 for men.
Latest reviews, ratings and prices: Citizen BY0100-51H watch
This is a rather bold looking watch from Citizen, it has a larger chunky design that really makes it stand out on your wrist. The dial has some really interesting design features, you’ll notice they’ve used an element of depth which draws your eyes in. There’s some clever white and red accents that add an interesting hint of colour to the otherwise greyscale dial. As you’d often find in higher end watches, this timepiece uses sapphire glass which gives you some of the best scratch resistance available.
The watch is extremely accurate, as you’d expect from a watch that features atomic timekeeping. This works by synchronising the watch via radio control with an atomic clock, this is often done daily giving you incredible accuracy. The watch can sync up with 26 cities throughout the world.
Another great feature is the use of Eco-Drive technology. This is a fantastic feature that you now find in the majority of Citizen watches. This Eco-Drive technology allows the watch to power up via light, be in natural or artificial meaning you never require a battery.
Also read: Citizen bl8000 54l review
Extra features of the watch include a good use of lume, chronograph timekeeping, and a perpetual calendar. The chronograph gives you a stopwatch function up to 60 minutes with a 1/5 second measure. Perpetual calendars are a feature I really like to see in watches, they automatically adjust for the varying amount of days in each month, meaning you no longer have to adjust it yourself like you do with other watches. A 200m water resistance rating appears to be the cherry on the cake making this a highly functional timepiece.
Looking at the size of the watch we’re in popular territory. It has this large casing diameter of 44mm which I know a lot of people go for. As for the thickness, it’s 14mm which gives it a little bit of a chunky finish.
- Band Stainless steel strap, standard length, 24mm width, double push button release style clasp.
- Case Stainless steel casing, sizing diameter: 44mm and thickness: 14mm.
- Dial Analogue display. The window lens is made of a sapphire, this has a Mohs hardness rating of 9 making it highly resistant to scratches
- Movement Accurate Quartz movement with atomic timekeeping.
- Water Resistant A water resistance of up to 200m / 20 bar.
- Citizen are one of the largest watch brands in the world and are known for their quality timepieces.
- Features atomic timekeeping for extreme accuracy.
- Features Eco-Drive technology, charges using light and never requires a battery.
- 200m water resistance, suitable for professional marine activity, serious surface water sports and skin diving.
- Sapphire glass offers a brilliant level of scratch resistance.
- Power reserve indicator lets you know if you need to charge your watch up.
- Perpetual calendar automatically adjusts the date for the varying amount of days in each month.
- This is a larger watches at 44mm so it may not be suitable for people with smaller wrists.
- There’s a slightly chunky design to the timepiece that some people may not be fond of.
My Final Thoughts On This Citizen BY0100-51H Review:
The Citizen BY0100-51H is a feature rich timepiece that includes some brilliant functions like Eco-Drive technology and atomic timekeeping. With that in mind, you can understand why it’s a little pricier than other watches, I’d still say it’s fair value for money, though. Overall a brilliant watch.
After looking into the watch design, quality, features, and pricing this watch received an 8.5/10 from us at The Watch Blog.
You may also like my 100 best automatic watches under £1000
Where to buy the Citizen BY0100-51H
I like to stick to listing retailers that I’ve actually had experience buying from in the past. Below I’ve listed some of the top places to buy this watch from, check all 3 for the best price.
Buy now at Amazon
Buy at Watch Shop
Buy at The Watch Hut
Hope you enjoyed this Citizen BY0100-51H review. Find more watch reviews below.