Citizen BL8000-54L Watch Review Summary
My rating: 8.5/10. Very good watch. Eco-Drive tech & a perpetual calendar.
Hello, today I’m doing a Citizen BY0100-51H review. This is a rather lovely looking timepiece from Citizen. As with most Citizen watches these days, it features the popular Eco-Drive tech which is a bonus in my eyes. This should be another interesting Citizen watch to look into.
I hope you enjoy this Citizen BL8000-54L review below.
You may also like my 100 best watches under £500 for men.
Latest reviews, ratings and prices: Citizen BL8000-54L watch
First off I have to say the design on this model looks great, there’s a lot going on on the dial but I think they’ve set it out in a really good manner. There’s a perpetual calendar which means you no longer have to worry about adjusting the date for the varying amount of days in each month, as the watch works all this out for you. Other extra features include an alarm, dual time display, and an anti-reflective mineral glass. So as you can see the watch is packed with features, and looks extremely smart.
A key feature for this watch from Citizen is the use of the Eco-Drive technology. Eco-Drive has been so popular for Citizen they now feature it in the majority of their new watch models. The Eco-Drive technology powers the watch via light, that’s any light be it natural or artificial and you never need a battery change. The watch uses a Quartz caliber E870 Japanese movement and has a maximum power reserve of 180 hours which is pretty impressive.
Looking at the size of the watch I’m pretty pleased. It has a casing diameter of 40mm with a thickness of 11mm. This makes it a really popular size that should be ideal for most people which is great.
As for the strap, it’s stainless steel with a 20mm width. 20mm perfectly suits the rest of the watch sizing and is a standard size for men’s watches. The strap features my preferred style of clasp which is a push button deployment, I find these much easier to operate that a standard fold over clasp.
- Band Stainless steel strap, standard length, 20mm width, double push button release style clasp.
- Case Stainless steel casing, sizing diameter: 40mm and thickness: 11mm.
- Dial Analogue display. The window lens is made of mineral glass, this is specially hardened to be resistant to scratches and knocks.
- Movement Accurate Japanese Quartz movement.
- Water Resistant A water resistance of up to 100m / 10 bar.
- Citizen are one of the largest watch brands in the world and are known for their quality timepieces
- Features Eco-Drive technology, charges using light and never requires a battery.
- 100m water resistance, suitable for recreational surfing, swimming, snorkeling, sailing and water sports
- Mineral glass offers a good level of scratch resistance. This glass is anti-reflective coated
- Has a useful alarm function
- Power reserve indicator lets you know if you need to charge your watch up.
- Perpetual calendar automatically adjusts the date for the varying amount of days in each month.
- Some people have mentioned finding the alarm a little hard to set up at first
- The alarm function isn’t very loud so might not wake a deep sleeper
My Final Thoughts On This Citizen BL8000-54L Review:
The Citizen BL8000-54L is a stunning, smart watch that’s packed with useful technology. The Eco-Drive technology has always been popular for Citizen watches so it’s brilliant to see that included here. I also love the use of a perpetual calendar, it removes a lot of hassle that you find on stand date displays. For the money, considering everything you’re getting I’d say this is fairly good value for money as it’s a good watch.
After looking into the watch design, quality, features, and pricing this watch received an 8.5/10 from us at The Watch Blog.
You may also like my 100 best automatic watches under £1000
Where to buy the Citizen BL8000-54L
I like to stick to listing retailers that I’ve actually had experience buying from in the past. Below I’ve listed some of the top places to buy this watch from, check all 3 for the best price.
Buy now at Amazon
Buy at Watch Shop
Buy at The Watch Hut
Hope you enjoyed this Citizen BL8000-54L review. Find more watch reviews below.