Citizen Calendrier BU2023-04E Watch Review Summary
My rating: 8/10. Great watch. Eco-Drive tech & oversized design.
Hello, today I’m doing a Citizen BU2023-04E review. People seem to have been enjoying the Citizen reviews lately so I figured I’d feature another one of their popular models today. This one is quite the stunner and has a rose gold case with a dark brown leather strap.
I hope you enjoy this Citizen BU2023-04E review below.
You may also like my 100 best watches under £500 for men.
Latest reviews, ratings and prices: Citizen BU2023-04E watch
This is another well-built watch as we’ve come to expect from Citizen. It looks very smart with this brilliant rose gold and dark brown leather strap that work really well together. The Calendrier as it’s known is a multi-function chronograph with 3 hands, world time display, 24 hour time display and a day-date display.
If you take a closer look at the dial you’ll notice this really nice detailing they’ve gone for that I think looks great and makes it stand out more. The hands are coated in lume which makes it easier to read in the dark. The cities of the world are marked on the main dial ,for instance if you set outer ring to twelve o clock you will see next to it that its either one o clock or thirteen hours against the Paris.
Protecting the dial is a mineral crystal glass, this is specially hardened to offer a good level of protection from scratches and knocks. An added extra is that this glass has an anti-reflective coating to reduce glare.
Why not read my Citizen bl8000 54l review next.
The watch features Citizen’s Eco-Drive technology, this has been so popular for them that it’s now found in the majority of their watches. The Eco-Drive tech means the watch can be powered by light, be it natural or artificial and it never requires a battery. This uses a Japanese Eco-Drive 8729 movement.
The watch has a design chunky feel, the casing diameter is 44mm whilst the thickness is 13mm, this is a very popular size at the moment as well. This is best suited for people with medium or large wrists, people who have smaller wrists may find it a little too big for them.
The strap is this really nice dark brown soft genuine leather with white detailing. This colour strap goes well with the rose gold casing and detailing on the detail. It uses an interesting push button deployment that you don’t often find on leather straps. The strap has a width of 20mm that’s fairly standard, to be honest.
- Band Genuine leather strap, standard length, 20mm width, push button release style clasp.
- Case Stainless steel casing rose gold PVD plated, sizing diameter: 44mm and thickness: 13mm.
- Dial Analogue display. The window lens is made of mineral glass, this is specially hardened to be resistant to scratches and knocks and has an anti-reflective coating.
- Movement Accurate Japanese Quartz movement.
- Water Resistant A water resistance of up to 100m / 10 bar.
- Citizen are one of the largest watch brands in the world and are known for their quality timepieces
- Features Eco-Drive technology, charges using light and never requires a battery.
- 100m water resistance, suitable for recreational surfing, swimming, snorkeling, sailing and water sports
- Mineral glass offers a good level of scratch resistance. This glass is anti-reflective coated
- Has an anti-reflective coating to reduce glare
- Interesting style clasp
- At 44mm this may not be suitable for people with smaller wrists.
- Can take a little getting used to the way all the sub dials operate.
My Final Thoughts On This Citizen BU2023-04E Review:
The Citizen BU2023-04E is a elegant looking chronograph timepiece, I’m surprised it’s not as popular as some of the similar models available to be honest. The design has been done brilliantly giving it a really sophisticated look, whilst the components are high quality. I’d say this is worth checking out if you like the Citizen brand.
After looking into the watch design, quality, features, and pricing this watch received an 8/10 from us at The Watch Blog.
You may also like my 100 best automatic watches under £1000
Where to buy the Citizen BU2023-04E
I like to stick to listing retailers that I’ve actually had experience buying from in the past. Below I’ve listed some of the top places to buy this watch from, check all 3 for the best price. Variations of this model include: BU2023 04E, BU2023.04E, BU202304E.
Buy now at Amazon
Buy at Watch Shop
Buy at The Watch Hut
Hope you enjoyed this Citizen BU2023-04E review. Find more watch reviews below.