Rotary GS02522/01 Watch Review Summary
My rating: 8.5/10. Great watch. Value for money skeletonised watch design.
Hello, today I’m doing a Rotary GS02522/01 review. I recently wrote an article on the 10 best Rotary Skeleton watches for men and promised I’d take a closer look at each one of the watches featured in that list. This is one of Rotary’s most stunning skeleton watches in my opinion.
I hope you enjoy this Rotary GS02522/01 review below.
You may also like my: Best Rotary Watches.
Latest reviews, ratings and prices: Rotary GS02522/01 watch
At the bottom of this article, you can find a list of my recommended retailers to purchase this watch from
This has to be one of my favourite Rotary skeleton watches. The open heart design of the watch is really impressive, the movement on show is done in an extremely stunning way. It has a very ornate style for the hand winding mechanical movement with the balance wheel on show at the 8 o’clock position and the mainspring visibile at the 1 o’clock marker. The outer ring has these neat little Roman numerals which I think works well for that vintage style.
Type Of Crystal
Protecting the front and rear of the watch is a specially hardened mineral crystal glass. This glass is treated to give it a higher level of scratch and knock resistant. This is fairly standard for watches in this price range and exactly what I expected to see.
As I’m sure you can see, the watch is powered by this beautiful Japanese automatic mechanical movement. The movement never requires batteries as it’s powered by the movement of the wearer’s wrist.
Everything is pretty standard in the sizing department. The casing diameter measures 40mm while the thickness of the watch measures 10mm. All in all, a popular size for men’s watches that’s likely to suit most people.
The strap itself is made of a genuine soft leather with a crocadile style finish. It measures 20mm wide and fastens with a typical buckle style clasp. The clasp detailing is PVD gold plated to match the casing.
My favourite aspect of this watch is the exhibition caseback. The caseback allows you to view the inner workings of the watch from the rear of the watch. You can see this feature in more detail in the image below.
Water Resistance Rating
This watch has a water resist rating of 100m. A rating of 100m / 10 Bar / 300ft makes this watch suitable for recreational surfing, swimming, snorkeling, sailing and water sports.
- Band Genuine leather strap, standard length, 20mm width, standard buckle style clasp.
- Case Stainless steel casing, sizing diameter: 40mm and thickness: 10mm.
- Dial Analogue display. The window lens is made of mineral glass, this is specially hardened to be resistant to scratches and knocks.
- Movement Accurate Japanese automatic movement.
- Water Resistant A water resistance of up to 100m / 10 bar.
- Rotary are one of the best affordable watch brands
- Mineral glass offers a good level of scratch & shatter resistance
- Automatic movements means you no longer require batteries
- Exhibition caseback allows you to take a look at the movement
- 100m water resistance rating
- If left unworn for more than a day or so the watch will need to be reset and the time adjusted before wearing again. This is a standard process for automatic watches.
My Final Thoughts On This Rotary GS02522/01 Review:
The Rotary GS02522/01 has to be one of my favourite vintage style Rotary skeleton watches currently available. I love the amount of movement on show through the front and rear of the dial. Overall, an absolutely stunning timepiece.
After looking into the watch design, quality, features, and pricing this watch received an 8.5/10 from us at The Watch Blog.
You may also like my 100 best watches under £1000
Where to buy the Rotary GS02522/01
I like to stick to listing retailers that I’ve actually had experience buying from in the past. Below I’ve listed some of the top places to buy this watch from, check all for the best price. Variations of this model include: GS02522/01
Buy now at Amazon
Buy at Watch Shop (Unavailable, alternative Rotary watches are worth seeing)
Hope you enjoyed this Rotary GS02522/01 review. Find more watch reviews below.