Citizen BV1080-18A Watch Review Summary
My rating: 8.5/10, Great watch, popular Eco-Drive technology.
Citizen BV1080-18A watch is part of Citizen’s Eco-Drive series. Eco-Drive watches power themselves using light, any light be it natural or artificial, this means the watch never requires any battery change. It’s got a fairly casual design to it with the cream coloured easy to read dial and the khaki nylon strap. It uses a Japanese quartz movement giving it accurate timekeeping. Perfect for those looking for a simpler looking watch with a clean looking dial. The use of a smaller sub dial for measuring seconds is a nice touch.
You may also like my best Citizen watches under £200.
Latest reviews, ratings and prices: Citizen BV1080-18A watch
- Band Khaki nylon strap, standard length, 22mm width, standard buckle clasp.
- Case Stainless steel case, sizing diameter: 42 mm and thickness: 11 mm.
- Dial Easy to read clean uncluttered display, sub dial measures seconds. Date display. Mineral glass, specially hardened for protection against scratches.
- Movement Japanese quartz movement, Eco-Drive solar technology. Analogue display.
- Water Resistant A water resistance of up to 100m / 10 bar.
- Eco-Drive technology fuels the watch using any form of light be it natural or artificial.
- Very easy to read display with the cream dial and black hands.
- Seconds are shown in a separate sub dial.
- 100m water resistance, suitable for recreational surfing, swimming, snorkelling, sailing and water sports.
- Strap is stiff to begin with but after one or two wears will soften up.
My Final Thoughts:
Citizen BV1080-18A watch is ideal for those who find other watches hard to read. I’m a big fan of most of Citizen’s Eco-Drive range as I really like the use of the technology. I like the overall clean, simplified look of this watch and think Citizen have done a really good job with the design here. The only downside as I mentioned before is the stiffness of the strap when you first get it, this does wear off though so I wouldn’t worry about it that much.
Buy Now: Citizen BV1080-18A watch
Hope you enjoyed this Citizen BV1080-18A review. Find more watch reviews below.